25 July 2015

A week just flew by

Next week is the last week at work and the last week in the apartment. I have lived here a year now, and I can't believe it went by so fast! It seems like only a month or two ago that it was autumn, and not much longer ago since it was summer... I guess I'm just going to wake up soon and be 50. I'm enjoying my last time here and also looking forward to things to come. First of all, Italy - I'm going down there on Sunday, and afterwards I look forward to freelancing and to buying a place if all goes well. But right now, I'm just enjoying everything.
I have bought so many books the last months! These four I bought last weekend, and I'm looking forward to reading them in Italy. The lady in the shop practically yelled after me as I left that I would love the Patti Smith-book...
Last Sunday, I met Sheila for a coffee at Central Hotel and Café (Tullinsgade 1, Vesterbro). It was all so beautiful; the hotel only has one room, and the café is tiny. We sat outside at the pretty tables, and the croissant and especially the biscuits took me right back to my childhood. Plus, it was just so pretty.
Look at that!
That car was cool!
People are on holiday, and while it can feel a little sad to be working in the summer, I also really like walking to work every morning. The streets are empty and quiet, and it feels like I have it all to myself. Just as lovely as it is in the morning, just as horrible it is walking back in the afternoon when you have to fight off the tourist hordes to get anywhere...
The other night, the light was pretty over Nørrebro.
And I took a selfie in a broken mirror. It's sort of becoming a thing I have...
Last night, K & C re-arranged everything in the apartment. He's moving in as I'm moving out, and so today we all woke up to a totally different looking place. But I kind of like the new arrangements, and it was nice having breakfast in the kitchen with a new view.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

As always lovely photos. It's on my to-see list as well the Central Cafe. It is just too cute. Yes time goes by way, way to quickly!

karen sofie said...

Thank you <3 Definitely go see the Central Café, it's absolutely charming.

milas-deli said...

Oh enjoy this feelings of everything is possible!