02 July 2014

Kayaking around Berlin

So I spent last week in Berlin packing up my apartment, saying goodbye to dear friends and working on some things for a newspaper. It was a week that I'd been dreading for a while; what if I regretted my decision of leaving the city once I was back? Luckily, everything fell into place once the plane touched ground late Tuesday night. Not in a bad way, but in a settling way: Berlin has been such a big part of my life, but I just don't belong there anymore. I didn't get that wave of excitement seeing the TV-tower in the distance; I didn't even feel at home once I walked into my apartment. Sure, it was a good week, and it was so lovely spending time with people that I miss in my daily life. But it was such a good feeling driving back to Copenhagen, knowing that I've closed a chapter in my life without the drama and overwhelming sadness that followed last time. So now I'm excited about things that are to come. I have some interesting projects, and some good news I'll share over the next few days. I feel like I've taken an important step, and it makes me calm, happy and fortunate. 
On Thursday, I kayaked around the canals of Berlin with Pablo and some American exchange students. Not a big sports person, I was kind of nervous before take-off, but I had the best time! Do try it out if you're in Berlin and want to experience the city from a different angle! 
We ended up on the Spree where Oberbaumbrücke and the TV-tower made for a beautiful backdrop.
Hello!

No comments: