09 July 2014

An afternoon with Chris and Iben

The other day, I met up with Chris and Iben for an afternoon of coffee and talking. First, I had lunch with Chris at hyped Atelier September (Gothersgade 30, Indre By) - it's probably one of the most Instagrammed places in Copenhagen. And it was very photogenic with the French vibe and the beautiful avocado sandwiches on old patterned porcelain. The food was good, too. Outside, Copenhagen was pre-thunder humid and it rained a bit. But we still managed to have a little coffee outside KafBar'9 with Iben before we moved inside.
It was a little too elitist for my taste at Atelier September, yet the décor was nice and the food was tasty, so I won't be surprised if I come back for more...
The lovely ladies between lavender at KafBar'9 (Antonigade 9, Indre By).
The busy architect from Stockholm had to work, and as a non-architect I found it interesting watching her draw incomprehensible (to me) lines like a coded language.
Later, we hit up Vansgaards Antikvariat (Fiolstræde 34, Indre By) hunting for old books, but I didn't find anything. I'm looking for English classics, and it's difficult finding them in English and not Danish.
I had a (staged) reading break in Finn Juhl's famous sofa The Poet.
I don't think I will ever grow tired of looking at Copenhagen's beautiful buildings. The stark blue one in Nansensgade is one of my favourites.

No comments: