12 April 2014

A truly wonderful day

Yesterday was a big day for me. I had my last exam in the morning and passed it with flying colours. So now I'm officially a journalist and officially done with school. How crazy is that! The day was full of happiness and laughter, and I can't remember the last time I've felt so incredibly happy and lucky. I celebrated the day in Aarhus with my family; we had coffee, wine and an amazing dinner with lots of wine and laughs. Oh joy!
It was strange leaving that grey concrete building where I've had so many good memories. But I also feel I've been done with journalism school for years because I've been out in the 'real world' working as a journalist...
My grandparents came down from the north for coffee and cake at Langhoff & Juul (Guldsmedgade 30, Aarhus).
NP looking smug.
I'm in love with the café's use of Danish furniture classics (and I thought a good while whether I'd be able to steal a few...)
Henrik and my mom looking cute!
My parents. They gave me a necklace with a gold K made from their wedding rings. I can't tell you how happy that made me. See it below.
Sølve had escargots for starters. We ate at Bistro65 (Jægergårdsgade 65, Aarhus) - a little French bistro with excellent excellent food.
The two youngest.
With the brothers - and a huge hand!
I had steak tartare for the first time. Yum!
I will remember this day forever.

4 comments:

beccawaterloo said...

congratulations!!! how was the steak tartar? you are brave for eating it...

karen sofie said...

Becca; Thank you! The tartar was really good, I am definitely convinced :)

Mara said...

Congratulations!! What school did you attend for how long? :)
One year to go for myself - maybe we can start any Berlin-Journalism-Instagram thing together...? ;)

karen sofie said...

Mara; Thank you! I went to the Danish Media and Journalism School, started in February 2009. Hope you finish off your school well :)